Hunting season of Musk Oxen stranded in ice floe starts
Big game officials announced of opening hunting season of musk oxen. Owing to warm temperatures, the ice sheets start melting and enter into the Bering Sea. When the oxen get stuck on the ice, they either starve or drown.
Therefore, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game said on Thursday that it will allow hunters to hunt herds found on drifting ice ion water adjacent to Nunivak and Nelson islands. Patrick Jones, an assistant state area biologist said that it happens after every few years.
In annual March meeting in Anchorage, the Alaska Board of Game has taken a decision that allows hunting of stranded mush oxen. The new guidelines will be applicable on the current hunting season. As per the law, resident can hunt the oxen without requiring a permit.
But it shall be noted that hunters are allowed to hunt two musk oxen per person. They are also required to provide photographic evidence through the means of cell phone or camera. The proof has to be shown to assure that the oxen were stranded on an ice floe before it was hunted.
The department wants to cut the populations to a manageable number. Owing to the leniency in regulation policy, a rise has been seen in the musk oxen population in the Nunivak and Nelson island regions.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More