Wired: Microsoft had made a Surface Mini tablet but never shipped it
According to a Wired report, Microsoft had built the rumored Surface Mini tablet, but did not ship out the device. If Microsoft has distributed the Surface Mini to the market, the tablet would have challenged Apple iPad Mini tablet.
Going by the Wired report, the disclosure - that a Surface Mini tablet had really been made by Microsoft - was made to the tech news site by Microsoft’s Surface team chief Panos Panay.
Confirming the existence of the rumored Surface Mini tablet which Microsoft did not launch on the market, Panay told Wired that the Surface Mini was a remarkable device which, unfortunately, did not see the light of the day.
As per the details shared by Panay with Wired, Microsoft decided against shipping the Surface Mini tablet; and launched the powerful new ‘Surface Book’ laptop instead. The Surface Book has been designed to dominate the PC market; and it went ‘out of stock’ within four days of the opening up of its preorders.
Meanwhile, so far as the never-released Microsoft Surface Mini tablet is concerned, Panay raved about the tablet while officially confirming to Wired that the device actually existed. Asserting that he simply loved the Surface Mini tablet, Panay said: "It was like a Moleskine. It was awesome."
- U.S. Senate to discuss $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan, Nevada stands to win big
- Shortlist of affordable electric motorcycles available for US consumers
- Hyundai Ioniq Electric tops GreenerCars’ 2021 “greenest” list; Ram 1500 TRX ranked “meanest” vehicle
- Pennsylvania casino representatives urge state lawmakers to limit VGTs & ban illegal skill gaming
- Hyundai announces battery leasing accord to trim down EV prices, coordinate reuse
New Zealand News
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More