Microsoft launches Office Online add-on for Chrome browser
On Thursday, Microsoft announced the launch of a Chrome add-on to enable users to gain quick access to Office Online apps and their documents. The launch of the new Chrome plugin by Microsoft is an indication of Google Chrome’s growing dominance in the browser market.
The Office Online add-on which Microsoft has launched for the Google Chrome browser is a small extension which adds an icon to Chrome. A click on the icon shows up the documents which the users have most recently edited in OneDrive, or OneDrive for Business.
In addition, a click on the icon added to Chrome also gives users the ability to create a new document in the browser-based versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote or Sway. Users can also click on the icon to open locally-stored documents.
In a nutshell, the new plugin which Microsoft has released for the Google Chrome browser enables users to create as well as open Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Sway documents by using Office Online directly from the Chrome browser.
The Office Online Chrome add-on is presently not available for Microsoft’s newest ‘Edge’ browser, but is expected to become available when ‘Edge’ starts supporting plugins.
- U.S. Senate to discuss $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan, Nevada stands to win big
- Shortlist of affordable electric motorcycles available for US consumers
- Hyundai Ioniq Electric tops GreenerCars’ 2021 “greenest” list; Ram 1500 TRX ranked “meanest” vehicle
- Pennsylvania casino representatives urge state lawmakers to limit VGTs & ban illegal skill gaming
- Hyundai announces battery leasing accord to trim down EV prices, coordinate reuse
New Zealand News
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More