Coywolf emerges America’s Sturdiest Animal
Coywolf, a hybrid predator of the North American wolf and the coyote, has emerged as one the most rough and tough animals that can easily tread on harsh terrains.
The animal is identified as woyote, or the eastern coyote. The birth of the hybrid animal is a long-term result of the displacement of wolves from their natural habitats due to human hunting.
According to scientists, the interbreeding originated almost a century ago when wild wolves in southern Ontario came in contact with the coyote. Now, the population of the new breed is fast multiplying in the Northeast United States. As per the estimates of the Economist, the current population of the coywolves has crossed one million.
Professor Roland Kayes, a biologist at North Carolina University, explained that apart from the physical strength, this canine species of animals has exceptional quality of reproducing at faster rates.
“The animal’s range has encompassed America’s entire north-east, urban areas included, for at least a decade, and is continuing to expand in the south-east following coywolves’ arrival there half a century ago,” a scientist stated.
Although, the scientists are yet to tag these hybrid animals as a well-defined new species, there are many who have been pressing upon the move. Jonathan Way from the Massachusetts National Park Service expressed the need for declaring these as separate species.
According to a study conducted in 2013, the DNA inherited by the coywolves from dog breeds has made them more strengthened.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More