Amazon announces New Parental Leave Policy
Amazon has recently announced a new parental leave policy to employees via an email. Under the Seattle-based company’s new policy, birth mothers can take 20 weeks of paid parental leave. The policy also includes a new leave-sharing system, which allows employees to share 6 weeks of paid leave with a partner.
The new policy by Amazon has come after the company faced a lot of criticism for its workplace environment. The allegations included penalizing returning mothers. New parents who have been working in Amazon for over a year can now have a paid six-month parental leave, whereas new hires are allowed for a comparatively lower six week absence.
Birth mothers, who are also new employees, can now take four weeks of pre-partum and 10 weeks of maternity leave. For the employees on parental leave, restricted stock units will continue to vest at the standard rate. Employees can take paid leave without managerial approval, and is allowed in one or two segments anytime in the first year after childbirth.
Amazon’s policy is notable for its addition of 100,000 warehouse and customer support workers of the company. Netflix, which also has a huge contingent of fulfillment center employees, also implemented a similar policy update, but it does not provide benefits to such employees. However, the policy by Amazon is still limited for employees, who have been working for more than 30 hours a week, and does not seem to include provisional or contract workers.
- Fully vaccinated gamblers no longer need to wear face mask inside Nevada casinos
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More