Hulu LLC in talks with Time Warner Inc. to sell an ownership stake
According to reports, online streaming service Hulu LLC is apparently holding talks with Time Warner Inc. for the sale of an ownership stake in the service.
If the reported move materializes, Time Warner inc. will become the fourth investor in Hulu LLC, which is already co-owned by three bigwig media companies --- 21st Century Fox Inc., Walt Disney Co.; and Comcast Corp.’s NBCUniversal.
According to the information shared by unidentified sources familiar with the matter, the ownership stake-related talks between Hulu and Time Warner are presently in the preliminary stages. The sources also revealed that Hulu approached Time Warner with the ownership-stake proposition nearly two months back.
The disclosure by the sources, the condition of anonymity, implies that, as of now, there is no surety of whether Hulu and Time Warner will reach an agreement. However, in case a deal works out between the two companies, Hulu will reportedly be valued at more than $5 billion.
About the significance of Time Warner becoming the fourth investor in Hulu LLC, Paul Sweeney – a Bloomberg Intelligence analyst – said: “With Time Warner in the mix, it is hard to see a scenario where Hulu doesn’t become a more meaningful competitor to Netflix.”
- Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson emerges as biggest US political donor over past two decades
- Donald Trump losing voter base and attacks Bubba Wallace on Twitter
- Illinois Governor Pritzker signs legislation into law, reducing taxes on Chicago integrated resort’s GGR
- Nebraska voters likely to face commercial Casino Ballot referendum in November 2020
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More