Ford will be first automaker to test its self-driving vehicle at Mcity campus
In a recent statement, the University of Michigan (U-M)’s Mobility Transformation Center has revealed that bigwig automaker Ford will be the first automaker to test its self-driving vehicle at the Mcity campus.
The Mcity campus is a 32-acre simulated urban and suburban automated and connected vehicle testing site on the Ann Arbor school's North Campus. The campus offers a safe space for carrying out the testing of self-driving vehicles, as it is essentially a simulated city featuring intersections, traffic signs and signals, streetlights, sidewalks, building facades, and construction barriers.
The Mcity campus is part of the U-M’s Mobility Transformation Center. The facility was opened n July this year, to enable automakers to run their self-driving vehicles through its paces. The simulated city can also be used by suppliers, telecommunications and other companies that are experimenting with different aspects of self-driving vehicle technology.
The vehicle which Ford will test at the Mcity campus will be the company’s Fusion Hybrid Autonomous Research Vehicle. The vehicle is part of Ford’s project focused on the development of sensing and computing technologies, and refining algorithms.
About testing of Ford’s self-driving vehicle at the Mcity campus, Raj Nair -- the VP of Global Product Development at the Ford group -- said: “Testing Ford’s autonomous vehicle fleet at Mcity provides another challenging, yet safe, urban environment to repeatedly check and hone these new technologies.”
- LG Chem to supply battery cells for Tesla’s Model Y electric SUV in China
- GiG extends sports-betting partnership with North Macedonia casino operator KAK DOO Skopje
- Payment Options for Indian Bettors on Online Casinos Operating in India
- Ohio’s Mahoning Valley Race Course cancels live horse racing for 2 weeks after employee tests positive for Covid-19
- Arcimoto creates new Roadster model by chopping top off 3-wheeled e-car’s top
New Zealand News
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
- Almost 90% of new electricity production in 2020 will be renewable: EPA
- The Importance of Casinos to Cryptocurrencies
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More