Albertsons to Acquire 3 Stores from Haggen
Albertsons, the American grocery company based in Boise, Idaho, recently announced that it will acquire three stores in Arizona from Haggen if the outcome of the Washington-based grocer's assets gets approval from a US bankruptcy court.
The three stores that Albertsons will acquire are on McCulloch Boulevard in Lake Havasu City and on East Broadway Road and North Silverbell Road in Tucson. Stores of Haggen in Flagstaff, Prescott, Prescott Valley, Anthem, including site in Tucson and in Scottsdale so far have received no bids.
Phoenix-based Sprouts Farmers Market has also purchased four stores of Haggen in the auction. These stores are located in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Simi Valley and Las Vegas.
During the auction, a total of 55 stores were sold, all of those stores were located in Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington. Haggen sold its 55 stores for more than $47 million, Haggen announced late Friday.
Haggen has to submit the results of the auction for approval by the US Bankruptcy Court for Delaware in Wilmington at a hearing on November 24. The court on Friday gave approval to an earlier proposal of eight California stores by Gelson’s Markets for approximately $36 million.
Another 28 California stores by Smart & Final LLC for $56 million also received approval from the court, said Haggen. Total proceeds from auction sales will reach $139 million, it said.
The company in August and September announced that it would close all 10 stores in Arizona.
- Fully vaccinated gamblers no longer need to wear face mask inside Nevada casinos
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More