Michigan facing major issues due to Climate Change
Today, almost every part of the world is facing effects of climate change. Rise in sea levels, loss of sea ice, droughts and intense heat waves are some of the observable consequences of global climate change. Like other places, Michigan is also a victim of changing climate. Warmer temperatures, shrinking icy lake, intense storms and problems in farming are some of the effects of climate change that Michigan is currently experiencing.
Several studies and experts have already linked global warming to humans. According to them, global warming is manmade, and if it is not controlled, future will be very tough for next generations. Burning of fossil fuels and increased heat-trapping gases in the earth’s atmosphere are making the planet hotter.
As per studies, the global average temperature has risen about two degrees Fahrenheit since 1900. Global sea levels have risen approximately eight inches in the same time due to melting glaciers and melting sea ice. A last year report ‘Climate Change Impacts in the United States: The Third National Climate Assessment’ revealed that Michigan’s annual average temperature has risen about 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit from 1895 to 2013.
Sea levels have been rising due to global warming, but experts are not sure whether lake levels will also rise. Some predict that sea levels will rise, while the Great Lakes’ can have lower water levels due to climate change.
It has been found that due to warmer lake waters and warmer temperature, more water is evaporating. The evaporated water comes down in extreme rainfall events. Apart from extreme rainfall, Michigan is experiencing problems like algal blooms and shrinking lake ice.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More