Michigan facing major issues due to Climate Change
Today, almost every part of the world is facing effects of climate change. Rise in sea levels, loss of sea ice, droughts and intense heat waves are some of the observable consequences of global climate change. Like other places, Michigan is also a victim of changing climate. Warmer temperatures, shrinking icy lake, intense storms and problems in farming are some of the effects of climate change that Michigan is currently experiencing.
Several studies and experts have already linked global warming to humans. According to them, global warming is manmade, and if it is not controlled, future will be very tough for next generations. Burning of fossil fuels and increased heat-trapping gases in the earth’s atmosphere are making the planet hotter.
As per studies, the global average temperature has risen about two degrees Fahrenheit since 1900. Global sea levels have risen approximately eight inches in the same time due to melting glaciers and melting sea ice. A last year report ‘Climate Change Impacts in the United States: The Third National Climate Assessment’ revealed that Michigan’s annual average temperature has risen about 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit from 1895 to 2013.
Sea levels have been rising due to global warming, but experts are not sure whether lake levels will also rise. Some predict that sea levels will rise, while the Great Lakes’ can have lower water levels due to climate change.
It has been found that due to warmer lake waters and warmer temperature, more water is evaporating. The evaporated water comes down in extreme rainfall events. Apart from extreme rainfall, Michigan is experiencing problems like algal blooms and shrinking lake ice.
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- San Manuel unveils new smoking, alcohol consumption guidelines amid soaring COVID-19 cases in Southern California
- US District Court Judge dismisses lawsuit questioning Texas tribal casino’s sovereign immunity
- JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs bullish on British bookmakers Flutter Entertainment and William Hill
- Tesla Model S ‘Long Range Plus’ offers 402 miles range on Single Charge
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More