Michigan facing major issues due to Climate Change
Today, almost every part of the world is facing effects of climate change. Rise in sea levels, loss of sea ice, droughts and intense heat waves are some of the observable consequences of global climate change. Like other places, Michigan is also a victim of changing climate. Warmer temperatures, shrinking icy lake, intense storms and problems in farming are some of the effects of climate change that Michigan is currently experiencing.
Several studies and experts have already linked global warming to humans. According to them, global warming is manmade, and if it is not controlled, future will be very tough for next generations. Burning of fossil fuels and increased heat-trapping gases in the earth’s atmosphere are making the planet hotter.
As per studies, the global average temperature has risen about two degrees Fahrenheit since 1900. Global sea levels have risen approximately eight inches in the same time due to melting glaciers and melting sea ice. A last year report ‘Climate Change Impacts in the United States: The Third National Climate Assessment’ revealed that Michigan’s annual average temperature has risen about 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit from 1895 to 2013.
Sea levels have been rising due to global warming, but experts are not sure whether lake levels will also rise. Some predict that sea levels will rise, while the Great Lakes’ can have lower water levels due to climate change.
It has been found that due to warmer lake waters and warmer temperature, more water is evaporating. The evaporated water comes down in extreme rainfall events. Apart from extreme rainfall, Michigan is experiencing problems like algal blooms and shrinking lake ice.
- Fisker’s Magic Works to develop two ‘very different’ new EVs
- Sands Regency Casino owner reveals more details on $1bn Reno Neon Line District development
- Audi Q5 e-tron to reportedly be launched in China next month
- Chip and ship shortages are main threats to Tesla’s sales growth: Elon Musk
- Rivian DC fast chargers to be eventually opened to all electric vehicles
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
Islandia, New York-based Jake’s 58 Casino Hotel...Read More
Pennsylvania’s gaming industry enjoyed a robust...Read More
Have you ever had the chance to hear something...Read More
As a final step to reduce their carbon footprint by...Read More
With an aim to become the leading European EV brand...Read More
Electric vehicle (EV) manufacturer Fisker...Read More