Michigan facing major issues due to Climate Change
Today, almost every part of the world is facing effects of climate change. Rise in sea levels, loss of sea ice, droughts and intense heat waves are some of the observable consequences of global climate change. Like other places, Michigan is also a victim of changing climate. Warmer temperatures, shrinking icy lake, intense storms and problems in farming are some of the effects of climate change that Michigan is currently experiencing.
Several studies and experts have already linked global warming to humans. According to them, global warming is manmade, and if it is not controlled, future will be very tough for next generations. Burning of fossil fuels and increased heat-trapping gases in the earth’s atmosphere are making the planet hotter.
As per studies, the global average temperature has risen about two degrees Fahrenheit since 1900. Global sea levels have risen approximately eight inches in the same time due to melting glaciers and melting sea ice. A last year report ‘Climate Change Impacts in the United States: The Third National Climate Assessment’ revealed that Michigan’s annual average temperature has risen about 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit from 1895 to 2013.
Sea levels have been rising due to global warming, but experts are not sure whether lake levels will also rise. Some predict that sea levels will rise, while the Great Lakes’ can have lower water levels due to climate change.
It has been found that due to warmer lake waters and warmer temperature, more water is evaporating. The evaporated water comes down in extreme rainfall events. Apart from extreme rainfall, Michigan is experiencing problems like algal blooms and shrinking lake ice.
- Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority to acquire Las Vegas Monorail for over $24 million
- Leading investment bank ‘unsure’ about upcoming Resorts World Las Vegas Casino’s success
- California Supreme Court ruling paves way for tribal casino near Madera
- Drew Las Vegas Casino arsonist sentenced to five years in federal prison
- Months-long Casino closures could impact New York State’s schools, cities with budget crisis
New Zealand News
- Donaco International reports H1 net loss of AU$59 million, showing significant year-on-year improvement
- Why the NZ Dollar Could Have a Very Bright Future
- Sydney’s Star Casino fined $90,000 for allowing minors to gamble in 2019
- Danville Casino Campaign being led by former Caesars CEO Tony Rodio
- Gaming regulators in no mood to allow Imperial Pacific to walk away from financial obligations
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More