Microsoft’s Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL, Lumia 550 handsets to hit Australia next month
Microsoft has announced that it newest Lumia handsets - Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL, and Lumia 550 – will be available for purchase in Australia in December.
The Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL handsets are Microsoft’s latest flagship Lumia smartphones; while the Lumia 550 is a mid-range handset. All the three new Lumia handsets were announced at a product launch event held by Microsoft in October; and are expected to launch in the US on November 20.
Though there has thus far been no official announcement from Australian carriers about the forthcoming availability of the new Lumia handsets, the disclosure by Microsoft implies that the Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL, and Lumia 550 smartphones are set to hit the Australian market next month.
According to Microsoft’s announcement, the Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL, and Lumia 550 handsets will be available at Australian retailers starting December 7, 2015. Microsoft's regional online store already lists the unlocked versions of the Lumia 950 and 950 XL handsets as currently available for preorder. However, customers who preorder the handsets will not have the devices shipped to them before December 8.
Going by the pricing details shared by Microsoft Australia, the 5.2-inch Lumia 950 handset will be priced at AU$999; and the 5.7-inch Lumia 950XL will cost AU$1,129. The 4.7-inch Lumia 550 handset – which has not yet been listed for preorder - will be priced at AU$196.
- Hybrids and fuel cells will stay competitive with EVs up to 2050: Toyota
- Waymo announces another $2.5 billion in funding from latest investment round
- Propella 4.0 7-speed e-bike brings numerous upgrades over previous version
- EPA range ratings for Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo released
- Tesla Model S Plaid comes with new, much more efficient electric motor technology
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More