Abercrombie & Fitch Co. soars most in three years after third-quarter revenue topped analysts’ Estimates
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. has climbed the most in 3 years after third quarter revenue topped the estimates of analysts. Rebounding sales at its Hollister unit proved helpful in soaring. In a statement on Friday, the New Albany, Ohio-based company said that revenue in the quarter was $878.6 million.
Although it was 3.6% down from a year earlier, it has topped $862.8 million average projection of analysts. The results have shown that the turnaround strategy of Abercrombie has started gaining traction, mainly at its younger, Southern California-inspired Hollister brand.
The company has introduced fresh, stylish products and updated stores, at both the Hollister and Abercrombie units, and has turned down the music and raised the lights for bringing customers back.
During the Q3, comparable sales at Hollister, which accounts for over half of the revenue of Abercrombie has gone up by 3%. Analysts had projected a 1.1% drop.
In an interview, Abercrombie Chairman Arthur Martinez said even then, after dismal reports from mall-based competitors such as Macy’s Inc. and Gap Inc., the company has been taking a cautious view of the Q4, which will be possibly characterized by high promotions and slow foot traffic. The company is estimating that Q4 comparable sales will be slightly changed.
Martinez said, “We’ve had good growth in our conversions once we get them in store, but pure traffic number is challenge for all tenants in the mall. When it comes to our investors, being any more ambitious in our outlook would have been a mistake”.
- Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson emerges as biggest US political donor over past two decades
- Donald Trump losing voter base and attacks Bubba Wallace on Twitter
- Illinois Governor Pritzker signs legislation into law, reducing taxes on Chicago integrated resort’s GGR
- Nebraska voters likely to face commercial Casino Ballot referendum in November 2020
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More