Abercrombie & Fitch Co. soars most in three years after third-quarter revenue topped analysts’ Estimates
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. has climbed the most in 3 years after third quarter revenue topped the estimates of analysts. Rebounding sales at its Hollister unit proved helpful in soaring. In a statement on Friday, the New Albany, Ohio-based company said that revenue in the quarter was $878.6 million.
Although it was 3.6% down from a year earlier, it has topped $862.8 million average projection of analysts. The results have shown that the turnaround strategy of Abercrombie has started gaining traction, mainly at its younger, Southern California-inspired Hollister brand.
The company has introduced fresh, stylish products and updated stores, at both the Hollister and Abercrombie units, and has turned down the music and raised the lights for bringing customers back.
During the Q3, comparable sales at Hollister, which accounts for over half of the revenue of Abercrombie has gone up by 3%. Analysts had projected a 1.1% drop.
In an interview, Abercrombie Chairman Arthur Martinez said even then, after dismal reports from mall-based competitors such as Macy’s Inc. and Gap Inc., the company has been taking a cautious view of the Q4, which will be possibly characterized by high promotions and slow foot traffic. The company is estimating that Q4 comparable sales will be slightly changed.
Martinez said, “We’ve had good growth in our conversions once we get them in store, but pure traffic number is challenge for all tenants in the mall. When it comes to our investors, being any more ambitious in our outlook would have been a mistake”.
- Fully vaccinated gamblers no longer need to wear face mask inside Nevada casinos
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More