UAW-Ford Contract Finally Passes with Big Gains
United Auto Workers (UAW) talks finally wrapped up with Ford workers voted to approve a new agree late Friday. The deal ended with big gains. The process was so uncertain that no one was sure what’s going to happen until the last ballots were counted. The four-year agreement has been approved by 51.4% margin, as per reports.
Friday’s process has shown than sometimes-troublesome UAW talks are finally over. Before this, workers of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles disapproved the first pact before agreeing on a richer second offer. Most workers approved the pact, but there were some experience workers too who opposed it and became the cause of a week-long.
Labor expert Art Wheaton of Cornell University said it is always difficult to have talks in good times. “Everybody had high expectations and they thought this was their chance. But you have to walk away from the contract having some sense of sustainability that you can keep it up in the long term”, Wheaton added.
The contracts gave the opportunity for both workers and UAW. Workers have a way to the end of two-tier wage system. On the other side, automakers had the chance to keep costs of labor competitive with rivals. They were also able to reveal product plans that could result in billions in investment and many jobs in the US.
According to Wheaton, both workers and UAW did a fair job. The three companies compensate in some things, but they also managed to reduce labor costs, Wheaton added.
- Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson emerges as biggest US political donor over past two decades
- Donald Trump losing voter base and attacks Bubba Wallace on Twitter
- Illinois Governor Pritzker signs legislation into law, reducing taxes on Chicago integrated resort’s GGR
- Nebraska voters likely to face commercial Casino Ballot referendum in November 2020
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More