Debris of Doomed SpaceX Rocket Found Washed Up On Isles of Scilly
Debris of a SpaceX Falcon-9 rocket that exploded soon after its launch from Cape Canaveral in Florida have been found in on the quaint Isles of Scilly, just off the coast of Cornwall.
As per a report, the unmanned SpaceX rocket exploded in June soon after its launch. The debris of the rocket was found by coastguards between Bryher and Tresco. The wreckage found is a large section of alloy which is about 10m by 4m in dimension. The alloy piece was recovered with the help of local boatmen.
Martin Leslie, coastal area commander for the coastguard, said, “The markings show an American flag. It looks like it's an American rocket and seems most likely to be unmanned SpaceX Falcon-9. We're grateful for those who helped in recovery - it was great example of the community working together”.
The recovered debris of the rocket was secured on the beach at Tresco after being towed into New Grimsby. The owner of SpaceX Elon Musk has been known for his ventures to make affordable space travel a reality, but despite high level of advancement, some of his space flights have been a complete failure.
In April, while the Dragon capsule reached the International Space Station (ISS), its rocket didn’t quite land on the intended ocean platform. Another maiden flight of the Falcon 1 launched on Saturday, 24 March 2006, ended in failure in less than a minute after it was launched due to a fuel line leak.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More