Arnold Schwarzenegger urges people to Go Vegan for Earth
Hollywood actor and former governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger was in Paris to speak about climate change. ‘The Terminator’ actor said global warming is not a movie script that people will listen.
While talking to BBC, Schwarzenegger urged people to go part-time vegetarian to protect the mother earth. There are many different ways to get protein, the actor added. “I think it is sad the way the miscommunication about climate change, because so many times, you hear that the oceans will rise, and the sea levels are rising and temperature’s rising and the icebergs’ melting, and it’s all stuff that people cannot even relate to”, the 68-year-old former professional bodybuilder said.
According to Schwarzenegger, there is a need to do something quickly to combat climate change. Effects of fossil fuels need to be resolved soon, he added. The actor said he was challenged about meat eating. About one kilogram of protein from meat can be produced from three to 10 kilograms of vegetables.
The United Nations has released a report which suggested that animal agriculture is responsible for about 18% globally produced greenhouse gases. Most carbon emissions from meat farming are result of nitrogen fertilizers, belching livestock.
Schwarzenegger, who served two terms as governor of California, said people have to think about our future generation. They should give up things like big cars and flying in jets for earth. He said point is simple: the planet’s atmosphere is our sealed room, and people are sitting in it with a large SUV.
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035
- Tesla doesn’t spend money on ‘manipulating’ public opinion: Elon Musk
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More