Tesla Motors to Receive $39 Million in Sales Tax Incentives
The electric car maker Tesla Motors owned by Elon Musk will be getting a sales tax incentive of $39 million, California State Treasurer John Chiang announced on Tuesday. Tesla in the previous year received over $89 million in incentives from the program for projects over the last six years.
These tax incentives benefit advanced manufacturing and companies that are associated with altering of energy. Space Exploration Technologies Corp., or SpaceX, run by Elon Musk was also awarded an estimated $30.3 million from the initiative earlier this year.
As per the program, qualified companies are expelled from paying sales and they can use taxes for purchase of certain equipment for up to three years. Both the companies of Musk i.e. SpaceX and Tesla were so far the largest beneficiaries of the program, which awards up to $100 million each year.
Tesla applied for the most recent sales tax exclusion based on over $463 million worth of expected purchases which was linked to the expansion of its Model S and Model X.
Deana Carrillo, executive director of the economic development agency chaired by Chiang said in a statement that the program is specifically designed to retain and expand the pool of high-paying jobs in advanced California industries.
Carrillo, said, “We're the last dollar in. These guys have got to get their financing together, make their decision, buy their property, get ready to buy the equipment, and then we're giving them a benefit at the margin”.
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035
- Tesla doesn’t spend money on ‘manipulating’ public opinion: Elon Musk
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More