Tesla Motors to Receive $39 Million in Sales Tax Incentives
The electric car maker Tesla Motors owned by Elon Musk will be getting a sales tax incentive of $39 million, California State Treasurer John Chiang announced on Tuesday. Tesla in the previous year received over $89 million in incentives from the program for projects over the last six years.
These tax incentives benefit advanced manufacturing and companies that are associated with altering of energy. Space Exploration Technologies Corp., or SpaceX, run by Elon Musk was also awarded an estimated $30.3 million from the initiative earlier this year.
As per the program, qualified companies are expelled from paying sales and they can use taxes for purchase of certain equipment for up to three years. Both the companies of Musk i.e. SpaceX and Tesla were so far the largest beneficiaries of the program, which awards up to $100 million each year.
Tesla applied for the most recent sales tax exclusion based on over $463 million worth of expected purchases which was linked to the expansion of its Model S and Model X.
Deana Carrillo, executive director of the economic development agency chaired by Chiang said in a statement that the program is specifically designed to retain and expand the pool of high-paying jobs in advanced California industries.
Carrillo, said, “We're the last dollar in. These guys have got to get their financing together, make their decision, buy their property, get ready to buy the equipment, and then we're giving them a benefit at the margin”.
- Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson emerges as biggest US political donor over past two decades
- Donald Trump losing voter base and attacks Bubba Wallace on Twitter
- Illinois Governor Pritzker signs legislation into law, reducing taxes on Chicago integrated resort’s GGR
- Nebraska voters likely to face commercial Casino Ballot referendum in November 2020
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More