NASA Studies Various Climate Change Factors
A study undertaken by NASA has revealed that the impact of different factors on the climate differs across the world. The study stated that increase in the global temperatures in future must be studied by taking into account the impact of various natural and man-made factors on climate. The study reports that conclusions about the impact of various factors cannot be generalized across the countries.
Assess the modifications in the climate, the Transient Climate Response (TCR) and Equilibrium Climate Sensitivity (ECS) of Earth have to be calculated by the researchers. Both the parameters are estimated changes in global mean surface temperature as a result of atmospheric carbon dioxide increasing twofold, across various time periods. TCR is calculated over short term, while ECS is calculated for long term subsequent to climate system achieving equilibrium and temperatures stabilizing.
To calculate the above parameters, researchers simplified assumptions and did not include any other factors, apart from carbon dioxide, that affect climate, like aerosols. “The problem with that approach is that it falls way short of capturing the individual regional impacts of each of those variables,” said Climate Scientist Gavin Schmidt, the Director of Nasa's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (Giss) in New York and a co-author on the study.
Researchers have assessed the affect of various factors, like greenhouse gases, natural and manmade aerosols, ozone concentrations, and land use changes, on temperature through the data available for the period 1850-2005. The study revealed that each factor affected the temperature under a particular set of conditions.
- Hyundai aims to add 20 new electric models, inflating list of its EVs to 23 by 2025
- Lucid Air Dream to challenge dominance of Tesla Model S Long Range
- Washington’s Snoqualmie Casino wins COVID-19 insurance claim lawsuit
- Tesla’s stock can reach $3,000 by 2025 if it executes really well: Elon Musk
- Plug-Ins account for 18.5% of Volvo’s total U.S. sales in August 2021
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
Michigan Senate Bill 991 (SB 991), which has been...Read More
The Rivers Casino in the Pittsburgh area is once...Read More
Vincent “Uncle Mick” DelGiudice, an 85-year-old man...Read More
Georgia is one of the few states in the US that...Read More
A fifty-year-old Michigan man seems to be double-...Read More
The Pokagon Gaming Authority has approved Four...Read More