Second South Kona Beach Park Closed Due To Dengue Outbreak
Hawaii Island officials reported that they have ordered closure of Milolii Beach Park in response to the dengue fever outbreak in the region. It is the second South Kona beach park to be closed due to dengue.
According to the Hawaii Department of Health, as of December 23, there were only six confirmed cases linked to dengue. Total number of infected people has reached to 176, they said.
“Currently, there are 8 cases that are potentially infectious (onset of disease from 12/13/15 to 12/17/15), while the remaining 168 are no longer infectious (onset from 9/11/15 to 12/11/15)”, health officials reported.
Out of the total confirmed cases, almost 158 are Hawaii residents and the rest 18 are visitors, said officials. Out of the total infected patients 140 are adults and 36 of them are children.
The state has even issued a new dengue fever risk map, showing areas of high risk (red), moderate risk (orange) and low risk (yellow).
The closure of Milolii Beach Park is a clear indication that the fishing village has become an area of concern, joining Ho’okena Beach Park.
Civil defense in a message said on Wednesday that this action was very much necessary to allow health and parks department staff to conduct mosquito control and pesticide treatments.
In addition, the Hookena Beach Park also remains closed until further notice, they said. Access to both the parks will be restricted to local residents only.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More