Fedex could miss some deliveries on Christmas Eve due to high volume
FedEx has informed that its team is working hard to deliver gifts and other items to Americans on Christmas Eve but due to surge in volume of orders, it may not be possible to deliver all the orders scheduled for Christmas delivery. FedEx has also offered the option to customers to pick up their packages at its Express offices across the country.
In case you urgently need your package on Christmas Eve, you can visit your nearest Federal Express office and pick up your package. FedEx said that due to inclement weather, some of the shipments have been delayed.
Additionally, online shopping websites have registered a strong growth in orders during the Holidays week and shipping companies are finding it hard to meet the volume growth.
Customers can track their shipment and see if it has been scheduled for delivery on Christmas Eve on Fedex.com or can call 800-463-3339.
According to report published in Associated Press, FedEx is expecting record 317 million shipped items during the holiday season. FedEx estimated nearly 12 percent growth in volume between Black Friday and Christmas Eve compared to the same period last year.
As online shopping websites have offered deep discounts and customers have more money to spend, the sales have picked up this year.
FedEx Express offices will be open from 9 am to 1 pm. FedEx’s other offices will remain closed.
According to a shipment tracking company, 98 percent of the deliveries are as per the scheduled shipping.
A USAToday report said, “FedEx is hiring more than 55,000 seasonal workers to help handle the additional volume, up from about 50,000 last year. The company has also been investing billions of dollars in recent years to improve the capacity and automation of its network, including expanding current facilities and building new ones, as the shift in consumer shopping habits has put pressure on retailers and shipping companies to beef up delivery services.”
- Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson emerges as biggest US political donor over past two decades
- Donald Trump losing voter base and attacks Bubba Wallace on Twitter
- Illinois Governor Pritzker signs legislation into law, reducing taxes on Chicago integrated resort’s GGR
- Nebraska voters likely to face commercial Casino Ballot referendum in November 2020
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More