Shoppers return to stores for another round of discounted shopping in ‘After Christmas Sales’
Stores are expecting heavy rush during ‘After Christmas Sales’ as shoppers will be in the stores again for another round of shopping for discounted products, returning items and to spend their gift cards. At times, sellers offer deep discounts on the items they weren’t able to sell during Christmas shopping season.
A Reuters report suggests that retailers weren’t able to clock in strong sales during "Super Saturday" before Christmas. The Saturday before Christmas usually records high sales as people shop for gifts and other important items for the festive season. As Christmas was on Friday this year, there were many days before the last Saturday and that could have shifted some of the sales to other days of the week.
The Super Saturday sales this year increased by 4 percent, according to a report published by retail consultant and PE fund Customer Growth Partners.
Craig Johnson, president of Customer Growth Partners said, "Sales have been sluggish so far this year as most consumers are still buying close to need. What's worse is the marked deceleration from a year ago."
Many customers go to return their gifts or exchange them for the items they like. Supermarkets like Target and Wal-Mart have separate return counters. Target faced constant flow of customers wanting to return their Christmas gift or exchange it for something better.
Customers should also check return policy of stores before going for returning items. Without a receipt, some stores only give credit for purchasing other items. In most of the cases, people who come to return their Christmas gift don’t have a receipt.
Shopping experts suggest that people should get a gift receipt for each item with their future gift buying and hand it over when you deliver the gifts. It will make things lot easier for people to return their gifts or exchange them for some other goods.
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035
- Tesla doesn’t spend money on ‘manipulating’ public opinion: Elon Musk
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More