Ferrari Recalls 185 Luxury California T Cars over Possible Fuel Leaks
Because of the risk of fuel leaks, Ferrari North America Inc. is recalling the 2016 California T convertibles it made over a two-month period this year. Recalling includes vehicles that were made from September 8 to November 11, 2015 and are at the risk of fuel line connection. On Tuesday, in an advisory on the website the U.S. National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration said the California Ts produced over two-month period have a low-pressure fuel line that doesn’t connect properly to the fuel-pump feed pipe, creating a fire risk. As per the advisory panel, the bad connection increases the risk of a fuel leak in the engine compartment, in turn increasing the risk of a fire.
In a defendable statement submitted to NHTSA, Ferrari blamed the low-pressure fuel line connection as a manufacturing defect made by supplier. More than 50 Ferrari dealers from Beverly Hills, California, to Philadelphia received notices to stop sales of the vehicles on Nov. 23. The model has a base price of $231,606. The good part is that the Company has notified owners of the 185 luxury cars potentially affected and dealers will replace the low-pressure fuel assembly at no cost.
According to sources, the latest recall began December 14 after Ferrari, which is owned by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles recalled nearly 800 cars to fix a problem with its Takata airbags over the summer in the United Sates. On the other hand, Ford is recalling some model year 2013 vehicles because of the fuel-delivery unit may crack and cause a fuel leak. Up to 868 cars are affected. The affected models are Ford Explorer, Flex, Taurus Police Interceptor and Taurus and Lincoln MKS and MKT. Ford will notify owners and pay to replace the defective unit.
- Ocean Downs, Hollywood Casino Perryville get Maryland sports betting licenses
- NIO ES8 outperforms Audi e-tron in Bjørn Nyland’s range Test
- Benefits AI in social media marketing
- Fire burns over 30 Tesla Roadsters to ashes at Gruber Motors workshop in Arizona
- Fisker’s Magic Works to develop two ‘very different’ new EVs
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
California-headquartered entertainment & talent...Read More
Virginia Election Day is slated for 2nd of November...Read More
Casino games supplier Tom Horn Gaming has announced...Read More
Islandia, New York-based Jake’s 58 Casino Hotel...Read More
Pennsylvania’s gaming industry enjoyed a robust...Read More
Have you ever had the chance to hear something...Read More