Full Cold Moon on Christmas won’t occur again until 2034
The dazzling moon that brightened the most recent Christmas was the first ‘Full Cold Moon’ on Christmas in nearly four decades.
It was called Full Cold Moon because of its full size and the timing of the beginning of winter season. As per the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), it was the first Full Cold Moon since 1977 that brightened Christmas night sky.
Unfortunately, the full moon was cloaked by clouds in many parts of the United States and in other countries of the world. But in other parts where the skies were clear the full moon was a holiday treat for sky watchers.
Dennis Doucet, a resident of Kobe, Japan, said a brief break in the clouds allowed him get a clear shot of the moon. He shared the image of the spectacular moon with rest of the world through Internet.
Sharing the dazzling moon’s image, Doucet said, “It was overcast for most of the evening, but there was a brief break in the clouds and I was able to get a clear shot of the moon.”
According to NASA, the next Full Cold Moon on Christmas will not occur again until the year of 2034.
- Hyundai announces battery leasing accord to trim down EV prices, coordinate reuse
- Samsung SDI to invest $849 million to expand EV battery plant in Hungary
- Pennsylvania Lottery on track to break revenue record: Drew Svitko
- Frigid temperatures & ice storms force Oklahoma Cherokee casinos to close again
- Former Las Vegas 311 Boyz gang member & his girlfriend nabbed in Idaho
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More