Boston Chipotle that sickened 136 students reopens
The Cleveland Circle Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant that was forced to close after several college students and other people fell sick after eating there has reopened.
Chipotle Mexican Grill reopened and resumed normal operation over the holiday weekend, around three weeks after Boston’s health authorities ordered it to stop serving food to consumers.
Chris Arnold, a spokesperson for the company, said the restaurant was allowed to resume operations on Wednesday last week, but an unrelated water leakage issue delayed the reopening for additional few days.
The restaurant is very popular in the area. On Sunday, reporters interviewed a number of patrons coming out of the reopened eatery. Nikhil Shankar, a doctor at close by Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, said the new health bill issued by Boston officials was sufficient for him to feel contented eating at the Chipotle.
When asked if he was worried about health after eating at the reopened restaurant, Shankar said, “If I get sick, I get sick. Someone had to try it again.”
Health authorities had forced the restaurant to shut down operations after 136 Boston College students and other people got sick. Doctors determined that they got sick after eating food contaminated with norovirus, which is also known as winter vomiting bug. The norovirus infection is characterized by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and low-grade fever.
- Hybrids and fuel cells will stay competitive with EVs up to 2050: Toyota
- Waymo announces another $2.5 billion in funding from latest investment round
- Propella 4.0 7-speed e-bike brings numerous upgrades over previous version
- EPA range ratings for Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo released
- Tesla Model S Plaid comes with new, much more efficient electric motor technology
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More