Boston Chipotle that sickened 136 students reopens
The Cleveland Circle Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant that was forced to close after several college students and other people fell sick after eating there has reopened.
Chipotle Mexican Grill reopened and resumed normal operation over the holiday weekend, around three weeks after Boston’s health authorities ordered it to stop serving food to consumers.
Chris Arnold, a spokesperson for the company, said the restaurant was allowed to resume operations on Wednesday last week, but an unrelated water leakage issue delayed the reopening for additional few days.
The restaurant is very popular in the area. On Sunday, reporters interviewed a number of patrons coming out of the reopened eatery. Nikhil Shankar, a doctor at close by Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, said the new health bill issued by Boston officials was sufficient for him to feel contented eating at the Chipotle.
When asked if he was worried about health after eating at the reopened restaurant, Shankar said, “If I get sick, I get sick. Someone had to try it again.”
Health authorities had forced the restaurant to shut down operations after 136 Boston College students and other people got sick. Doctors determined that they got sick after eating food contaminated with norovirus, which is also known as winter vomiting bug. The norovirus infection is characterized by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and low-grade fever.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More