Boston Chipotle that sickened 136 students reopens
The Cleveland Circle Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant that was forced to close after several college students and other people fell sick after eating there has reopened.
Chipotle Mexican Grill reopened and resumed normal operation over the holiday weekend, around three weeks after Boston’s health authorities ordered it to stop serving food to consumers.
Chris Arnold, a spokesperson for the company, said the restaurant was allowed to resume operations on Wednesday last week, but an unrelated water leakage issue delayed the reopening for additional few days.
The restaurant is very popular in the area. On Sunday, reporters interviewed a number of patrons coming out of the reopened eatery. Nikhil Shankar, a doctor at close by Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, said the new health bill issued by Boston officials was sufficient for him to feel contented eating at the Chipotle.
When asked if he was worried about health after eating at the reopened restaurant, Shankar said, “If I get sick, I get sick. Someone had to try it again.”
Health authorities had forced the restaurant to shut down operations after 136 Boston College students and other people got sick. Doctors determined that they got sick after eating food contaminated with norovirus, which is also known as winter vomiting bug. The norovirus infection is characterized by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and low-grade fever.
- Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson emerges as biggest US political donor over past two decades
- Donald Trump losing voter base and attacks Bubba Wallace on Twitter
- Illinois Governor Pritzker signs legislation into law, reducing taxes on Chicago integrated resort’s GGR
- Nebraska voters likely to face commercial Casino Ballot referendum in November 2020
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More