Quintuplets Born To Hawaii Couple Get Discharged from Hospital
Hawaii’s firsts surviving set of quintuplets were born on October 10 to a Hawaiian couple. The mother gave birth to four premature baby boys and a baby girl. All the babies were discharged from the hospital to spend their first Christmas at home with their mom and dad.
The quintuplets born at Kapiolani Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii were born premature and therefore doctors advised to keep them in hospital for up to three months to allow their lungs to fully develop.
Two of the babies were sent home on December 13, and another baby was sent home on Monday, and the final two were released from the hospital on Christmas Eve.
The couple named the identical boys as Kapena, Kaolu, Keahi and Kupono and the baby girl was named as Kamalii. These five are the Hawaii’s first surviving set of quintuplets, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported.
“It’s definitely the best Christmas gift we could have gotten, to have them home for Christmas”, mother Marcie Dela Cruz told reporters at Kapiolani Medical Centre for Women & Children.
The couple also has a two-year-old son named Makaio, who was conceived through in vitro fertilization, and the couple set aside several frozen embryos.
Marcie and husband Ray decided to give their son a sibling and in April had two of the embryos transferred. Al first they thought they were having twins but then one of the embryos split in half and later in half again, the couple said.
The babies weighed less than 3lbs each when they were born but are now up to between five and 8lbs.
- Hyundai aims to add 20 new electric models, inflating list of its EVs to 23 by 2025
- Lucid Air Dream to challenge dominance of Tesla Model S Long Range
- Washington’s Snoqualmie Casino wins COVID-19 insurance claim lawsuit
- Tesla’s stock can reach $3,000 by 2025 if it executes really well: Elon Musk
- Plug-Ins account for 18.5% of Volvo’s total U.S. sales in August 2021
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
Michigan Senate Bill 991 (SB 991), which has been...Read More
The Rivers Casino in the Pittsburgh area is once...Read More
Vincent “Uncle Mick” DelGiudice, an 85-year-old man...Read More
Georgia is one of the few states in the US that...Read More
A fifty-year-old Michigan man seems to be double-...Read More
The Pokagon Gaming Authority has approved Four...Read More