Quintuplets Born To Hawaii Couple Get Discharged from Hospital
Hawaii’s firsts surviving set of quintuplets were born on October 10 to a Hawaiian couple. The mother gave birth to four premature baby boys and a baby girl. All the babies were discharged from the hospital to spend their first Christmas at home with their mom and dad.
The quintuplets born at Kapiolani Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii were born premature and therefore doctors advised to keep them in hospital for up to three months to allow their lungs to fully develop.
Two of the babies were sent home on December 13, and another baby was sent home on Monday, and the final two were released from the hospital on Christmas Eve.
The couple named the identical boys as Kapena, Kaolu, Keahi and Kupono and the baby girl was named as Kamalii. These five are the Hawaii’s first surviving set of quintuplets, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported.
“It’s definitely the best Christmas gift we could have gotten, to have them home for Christmas”, mother Marcie Dela Cruz told reporters at Kapiolani Medical Centre for Women & Children.
The couple also has a two-year-old son named Makaio, who was conceived through in vitro fertilization, and the couple set aside several frozen embryos.
Marcie and husband Ray decided to give their son a sibling and in April had two of the embryos transferred. Al first they thought they were having twins but then one of the embryos split in half and later in half again, the couple said.
The babies weighed less than 3lbs each when they were born but are now up to between five and 8lbs.
- Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson emerges as biggest US political donor over past two decades
- Donald Trump losing voter base and attacks Bubba Wallace on Twitter
- Illinois Governor Pritzker signs legislation into law, reducing taxes on Chicago integrated resort’s GGR
- Nebraska voters likely to face commercial Casino Ballot referendum in November 2020
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More