Quintuplets Born To Hawaii Couple Get Discharged from Hospital
Hawaii’s firsts surviving set of quintuplets were born on October 10 to a Hawaiian couple. The mother gave birth to four premature baby boys and a baby girl. All the babies were discharged from the hospital to spend their first Christmas at home with their mom and dad.
The quintuplets born at Kapiolani Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii were born premature and therefore doctors advised to keep them in hospital for up to three months to allow their lungs to fully develop.
Two of the babies were sent home on December 13, and another baby was sent home on Monday, and the final two were released from the hospital on Christmas Eve.
The couple named the identical boys as Kapena, Kaolu, Keahi and Kupono and the baby girl was named as Kamalii. These five are the Hawaii’s first surviving set of quintuplets, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported.
“It’s definitely the best Christmas gift we could have gotten, to have them home for Christmas”, mother Marcie Dela Cruz told reporters at Kapiolani Medical Centre for Women & Children.
The couple also has a two-year-old son named Makaio, who was conceived through in vitro fertilization, and the couple set aside several frozen embryos.
Marcie and husband Ray decided to give their son a sibling and in April had two of the embryos transferred. Al first they thought they were having twins but then one of the embryos split in half and later in half again, the couple said.
The babies weighed less than 3lbs each when they were born but are now up to between five and 8lbs.
- Rivian raises $2.5 billion for second EV factory in U.S.
- Electric cars have lowest life-cycle greenhouse gas emissions: Study
- Indiana to spend $5.5 million to set up nearly five dozen EV fast charging stations
- Volvo’s 2022 C40 Recharge to cost $58,750 in US Market
- Las Vegas Sands Corporation reportedly eyeing Florida’s Jacksonville City to develop & operate casino
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
The Rivers Casino in the Pittsburgh area is once...Read More
Vincent “Uncle Mick” DelGiudice, an 85-year-old man...Read More
Georgia is one of the few states in the US that...Read More
A fifty-year-old Michigan man seems to be double-...Read More
The Pokagon Gaming Authority has approved Four...Read More
Casinos in Detroit, once permitted to resume by...Read More