Quintuplets Born To Hawaii Couple Get Discharged from Hospital
Hawaii’s firsts surviving set of quintuplets were born on October 10 to a Hawaiian couple. The mother gave birth to four premature baby boys and a baby girl. All the babies were discharged from the hospital to spend their first Christmas at home with their mom and dad.
The quintuplets born at Kapiolani Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii were born premature and therefore doctors advised to keep them in hospital for up to three months to allow their lungs to fully develop.
Two of the babies were sent home on December 13, and another baby was sent home on Monday, and the final two were released from the hospital on Christmas Eve.
The couple named the identical boys as Kapena, Kaolu, Keahi and Kupono and the baby girl was named as Kamalii. These five are the Hawaii’s first surviving set of quintuplets, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported.
“It’s definitely the best Christmas gift we could have gotten, to have them home for Christmas”, mother Marcie Dela Cruz told reporters at Kapiolani Medical Centre for Women & Children.
The couple also has a two-year-old son named Makaio, who was conceived through in vitro fertilization, and the couple set aside several frozen embryos.
Marcie and husband Ray decided to give their son a sibling and in April had two of the embryos transferred. Al first they thought they were having twins but then one of the embryos split in half and later in half again, the couple said.
The babies weighed less than 3lbs each when they were born but are now up to between five and 8lbs.
- GM takes wraps off BrightDrop EV600 all-electric delivery van
- GM teases automobile enthusiasts with mysterious electric vehicles at CES
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More