Debian Linux founder Ian Murdock dies at 42; in apparent suicide
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week statement post on the company’s blog that software engineer Ian Murdock -- the founder of Debian Linux, and later a senior Docker executive -- died on the night of Monday, December 28. Murdock was 42.
Mourning the death of Murdock, Golub said in the blog post that his demise is “a tragic loss for his family, for the Docker community, and the broader open source world.”
Though Golub did not disclose the circumstances leading to Murdock’s death, it is believed that he died in an apparent suicide, after recent violent encounters with the San Francisco police during the past weekend. Murdock’s run-ins with police were a result of his attempts to break into a home on Saturday; and banging at the door of the same home again on Sunday.
Concerns about Murdock’s well-being mounted on Sunday, when he vaguely described -- in several distressing posts on Twitter -- his encounters with San Francisco police.
Murdock said in one of the Twitter posts that the police officials had beaten him up and sexually assaulted him during an arrest. In one of the tweets he said: “The police are uneducated, evil, and sadistic. Do not trust them.” Moreover, in a distressing Monday tweet, Murdock alluded to suicide, when he said: "I’m committing suicide tonight."
- Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson emerges as biggest US political donor over past two decades
- Donald Trump losing voter base and attacks Bubba Wallace on Twitter
- Illinois Governor Pritzker signs legislation into law, reducing taxes on Chicago integrated resort’s GGR
- Nebraska voters likely to face commercial Casino Ballot referendum in November 2020
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More