FCC filing by Google unveils images of new Glass version
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has unveiled the images of the company’s next-generation version of its Glass headgear. The new version of the device is the ‘Google Glass Enterprise Edition.’
The images of the new Glass have surfaced nearly a year after Google discontinued the first-generation version of the device – ‘Google Glass: Explorer Edition’ – in early 2015. Though the controversial original Glass version - which raised privacy concerns - was a consumer version of the headgear, the new version is the device’s enterprise version.
Going by the indications from the images surfacing in Google’s FCC filings, the new version of the Glass will probably come with one of the much-requested design changes because of which the device will now be foldable, so that users can easily put it in their pockets.
In addition, the Google Glass Enterprise Edition will be powered by Intel Atom processor, and will boast a notable improvement in battery life as compared to the original Glass version. It is also being speculated that the new Glass version will use a magnet for charging; and will support the 5GHz WiFi band.
Moreover, Google’s FCC filing also includes an official statement -- on the company’s letterhead -- which authorizes a third party to assist Google in going through with the FCC’s authorization process.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More