FCC filing by Google unveils images of new Glass version
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has unveiled the images of the company’s next-generation version of its Glass headgear. The new version of the device is the ‘Google Glass Enterprise Edition.’
The images of the new Glass have surfaced nearly a year after Google discontinued the first-generation version of the device – ‘Google Glass: Explorer Edition’ – in early 2015. Though the controversial original Glass version - which raised privacy concerns - was a consumer version of the headgear, the new version is the device’s enterprise version.
Going by the indications from the images surfacing in Google’s FCC filings, the new version of the Glass will probably come with one of the much-requested design changes because of which the device will now be foldable, so that users can easily put it in their pockets.
In addition, the Google Glass Enterprise Edition will be powered by Intel Atom processor, and will boast a notable improvement in battery life as compared to the original Glass version. It is also being speculated that the new Glass version will use a magnet for charging; and will support the 5GHz WiFi band.
Moreover, Google’s FCC filing also includes an official statement -- on the company’s letterhead -- which authorizes a third party to assist Google in going through with the FCC’s authorization process.
- Hybrids and fuel cells will stay competitive with EVs up to 2050: Toyota
- Waymo announces another $2.5 billion in funding from latest investment round
- Propella 4.0 7-speed e-bike brings numerous upgrades over previous version
- EPA range ratings for Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo released
- Tesla Model S Plaid comes with new, much more efficient electric motor technology
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More