Michigan man wins $4 million Instant Lottery jackpot for second time
A fifty-year-old Michigan man seems to be double-lucky as he hit a $4 million jackpot from the Michigan Instant Lottery for the second time in his life.
Mark Clark, a middle-aged resident of Monroe County in Michigan, purchased an instant lottery scratch-off ticket for $30 from a convenience store called Carleton at the Ash Market in the country. After scratching off the $150,000,000 Payout instant lottery ticket, Clack was pleasantly surprised to find that he had won the jackpot worth a $4 million prize.
The Michigan Lottery had printed three winning tickets worth $4 million prize each, and Clark was the fortunate purchaser of the third and final jackpot. Clark explained that he scratched off the lottery ticket with a coin that his father had given him around a decade ago. He admitted that he had never thought that he would win the jackpot twice.
When asked for a comment on his grand win, Clark said, “I scratched the ticket off in the store with a coin my dad gave me about 10 years ago. We lost him about a year ago after some health struggles … You don’t think you’ll win millions once, and you definitely never think it would happen twice.”
Dr. Mark Glickman, a professor of statistics at Harvard University, said if an individual has already won the lottery, then his or her possibility of winning the lottery for the second time will remain exactly the same as the possibility of his winning the lottery if he or she hadn’t won the lottery before. In simple words, we can say that previously winning the lottery doesn’t increase or decrease the chance of winning the lottery in the future.
The more lottery tickets a person buys does faintly improve the person’s odds of winning the lottery. For example, if you buy one of 292,200,300 lottery tickets, your chance of winning the lottery is just 1 in 292,200,000. If you buy three tickets, you odds are just 3 in 292,200,000.
He further added that it was very hard for him to put into words exactly what he was feeling after hitting the $4 million jackpot for the second time in his life. The first $4-million jackpot was won by him in the month of December in 2017 while playing the Millionaire’s Club Instant Game from the Michigan Lottery.
- Del Lago Casino’s furloughed worker creates petition to reopen as operator planning to lay off over 1,000 staff
- Oklahoma will have to bear cost of poorly negotiated gaming compact deal with Native American tribes: Governor Stitt
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
New Zealand News
- PAGCor suffers first-half deficit of $32.5 million due to corona virus-related closures
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More