New low-cost Roadster V2 Gravel Edition electric bike available for pre-orders
American bicycle manufacturer Ride1Up has opened order books for its low-cost electric gravel bike, called the Roadster V2 Gravel Edition. Most of electric gravel bikes available in the market cost more than $3,000, and some of them are much more expensive. Bucking that trend, the Ride1Up Roadster V2 Gravel Edition is available with a pocket-friendly price tag of merely $1,245.
In addition to bucking the trend in terms of the price, the Roadster V2 Gravel Edition brings a number of innovative features, including a ‘Gates’ carbon belt drive instead of a conventional chain. According to the manufacturer’s claims, the upgraded Gates belt drive lasts for more than 50,000 miles (roughly 80467 km).
The single-speed e-bike comes equipped with a rear motor, which is also a unique design spec. Single-speed drivetrains are typically disadvantageous on hills, but they are still popular on e-bikes because of the added motor assist that makes first few arduous pedal turns more convenient. Motor power added by single-speed drivetrain makes riding even on hills much easier. To make it suitable for larger as well as smaller riders, the manufacturer is offering it in two frame sizes.
In a review report for the Roadster V2, an analyst wrote, “It is an awesome ride as long as you enjoy pedaling. Unlike powerful throttle-enabled e-bikes, this is a lower-power pedal assist e-bike that is designed to give you a nice boost, but still requires some good old-fashioned honest sweat equity.”
The 350W continuous electric motor of the e-bike delivers a peak power of 500 watts. In its highest power mode, the motor is powerful enough to give a plenty of boost to the bike. In the lower power levels, it offers a gentler assist. Its 252-Wh battery is so small that it easily gets hidden inside the frame of the e-bike. Still, it is stores enough energy to deliver a driving range of up to 35 miles 56 km on a single charge.
While the manufacturer has already opened order books for the Ride1Up Roadster V2 Gravel Edition, the pocket-friendly belt drive gravel e-bike is still couple of months away from its being shipped to customers. The standard version of the Roadster V2 costs $1,045, but the optional Gravel Edition e-bike has been priced at $1,245 as it comes with few upgrades, such as gravel tires, disc brakes and a ‘Gates’ carbon belt drive.
- Mercedes-Benz EQC to be launched in USA in next-generation guise in 2025
- Ocean Downs, Hollywood Casino Perryville get Maryland sports betting licenses
- NIO ES8 outperforms Audi e-tron in Bjørn Nyland’s range Test
- Benefits AI in social media marketing
- Fire burns over 30 Tesla Roadsters to ashes at Gruber Motors workshop in Arizona
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
California-headquartered entertainment & talent...Read More
Virginia Election Day is slated for 2nd of November...Read More
Casino games supplier Tom Horn Gaming has announced...Read More
Islandia, New York-based Jake’s 58 Casino Hotel...Read More
Pennsylvania’s gaming industry enjoyed a robust...Read More
Have you ever had the chance to hear something...Read More