ACLU files class-action suit against education authorities
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) on Thursday filed a class-action lawsuit on behalf of students from low-performing schools across California, claiming that schools are denying poor students the learning time they required to succeed.
In the lawsuit, ACLU claimed that students of seven low-performing schools in the state, including two in Oakland, have received far less learning time than affluent kids in other schools across.
While other education lawsuits in the state mainly focused on ensuring that all students get equal access to funding, quality teachers, safe facilities and textbooks; this lawsuit focuses on the time that students receive to learn.
The suit pointed out, "The California Constitution places an affirmative obligation on the state to safeguard the indispensable right to an equal education, no matter the circumstances."
It added that basic equality in education must start with the guarantee that no kid should be denied the learning time mandated by the state itself.
The lawsuit blamed a number of reasons for the problem, including incomplete class schedules; the aftermath of traumatic lockdowns; lack of teachers at the start of the academic year; and over dependence on substitutes to fill long-term vacancies.
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
- Tennessee reports robust $131.4 million sports betting handle in November
- Nikola Motor electric waste management truck deal with Republic Services cancelled
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More