State universities to hire 700 full-time faculty members
California's state universities are planning to hire as many as 700 full-time faculty members, as the state's higher education system is under pressure to move undergraduates through the system faster.
Emerging media reports also suggest that the potential hiring spree aims at reduce the universities' over dependence on temporary instructors.
Like several colleges across California, state universities opted to hire temporary teachers/faculty due to the budget cuts and tight financial conditions. But, improved state funding for higher education is once again allowing universities to higher full-time faculty members.
John Ikenberry, president and co-founder of HigherEdJobs, said, "It's great that Cal State is increasing hiring of tenure-track faculty and will be welcome news for the industry."
The new full-time faculty will be funded with money from a state funding of $125 million that was announced last year as part of government's budget for the current year. Universities will juggle their campus resources to meet higher expenses.
Governor Jerry Brown's budget for the financial year of 2014-15 proposes an additional funding of $142.2 million for the California State University and the University of California education systems.
The universities hired only 108 new teachers in 2010. Last year, there were just 470 full-time hires. The number of full-time faculty members slipped from around 10,700 2008 to 9,800 in 2013.
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
- Tennessee reports robust $131.4 million sports betting handle in November
- Nikola Motor electric waste management truck deal with Republic Services cancelled
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More