French composer Georges Bizet's widely acclaimed opera "Carmen" will offer a blend of passion, jealousy, tragedy and revenge mixed with ravishing music in Grand Rapids.
Candace Evans, stage director for Opera Grand Rapids, added another one-word description to the opera's story that has...read more
Grand Rapids school board on Monday approved a new three-year contract with the Grand Rapids Child Discovery Center - the area's only charter school authorized by the district.
The three-year district contract is retroactive to 1st of July, 2014, and scheduled to run through 30th of June...read more
Kent County Health Department quickly denied the presence of any Ebola case in Grand Rapids after a patient with hemorrhagic fever symptoms revealed that he recently paid a visit to an island off the coast of Africa.
Lisa LaPlante, a spokesperson for the Kent County Health Department,...read more
A court security officer at a bankruptcy court in Western Michigan accidently shot himself in the hand while cleaning his gun, police confirmed.
Grand Rapids Police responded at around 12:30 p. m. on Friday to the incident that occurred at the U. S. Bankruptcy Court at Division Avenue...read more
Michigan's premiere award winning mead maker Maciej Halaczkiewicz recently started distributing 500-ml bottles of "Queen Bee" mead from his new venture called Arktos in Grand Rapids.
The new Arktos Meadery, which boasts to be the only mead-making operation of Grand Rapids, is offering the...read more
The 56-year-old man who was found dead in a closed Grand Rapids Park last week was a victim of homicide, Grand Rapids Police Lt. Pat Merrill confirmed.
Lt. Merrill said in a statement that Joseph Herbert Chenier died from internal injuries. However, he declined to disclose the cause of...read more
A Grand Rapids businessman has been slapped with a sentence of four years in prison for forging U.S. Treasury checks. Following the competition of the jail-term, he will remain under supervision for another three years.
Mateo Velasquez-Garcia, who is living in the U.S. illegally, was...read more
The man suspected in a string of armed robberies around the Grand Rapids might also be responsible for robberies at two stores of Dollar General (DG) over the past weekend, police said.
Two stores of Dollar General, one at 1226 Madison Ave. SE in Grand Rapids and another in Holland...read more
The Grand Rapids Symphony, an orchestra group located in the city, has received a gift of $1 million in cash from the personal estate of Philanthropist Peter Wege, who passed away on July 7, 2014.
Wege, who underwrote Symphony's Grammy Award-nominated album titled "Inventions &...read more
The ArtPrize 2014, the sixth annual international art contest and urban exhibition, which started last Wednesday with big fanfare in downtown Grand Rapids, is not the only big event in the city. Those who want to go and enjoy something different can any of the following:
Fall Bridal Show...read more
Grand Rapids police officials are waiting for the autopsy results on a homeless man who was found dead in a park in the city on Thursday this week.
The body of the nearly 58-year-old man was discovered by some construction workers around noon yesterday in Ann Street Park, a little-used...read more
The ArtPrize 2014, the ongoing annual international art contest in Grand Rapids, has confirmed that a stunt artist has been permanently banned from the event for breaking public safety rules in past years.
Gurmej Singh, who is known as Artist SinGh, has been banned for unfurling a three-...read more
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- San Manuel unveils new smoking, alcohol consumption guidelines amid soaring COVID-19 cases in Southern California
- US District Court Judge dismisses lawsuit questioning Texas tribal casino’s sovereign immunity
- JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs bullish on British bookmakers Flutter Entertainment and William Hill
- Tesla Model S ‘Long Range Plus’ offers 402 miles range on Single Charge
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More