The 'disruptive innovation' of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has changed everything and one cannot predict the result of the ongoing changes in the healthcare system, California Health Secretary Diana Dooley said.
Dooley, the head of California's Department of Health & Human Services...read more
Cases of persistent and sometimes deadly cough disease called pertussis (whopping cough) have increased to an alarming number in California, with more cases being reported in just first five months of this year than in the whole 2013.
The California Department of Public Health's latest...read more
Determined to persuade people to drink less soda, California lawmakers on Thursday passed a bill that would require sugary soft drinks to carry warnings about potential diseases that overconsumption of such drinks can create.
If successfully implemented, the measure would put California...read more
California lawmakers have rejected the measure that would require companies to explicitly label their genetically-engineered foods.
Sponsored by Democratic Senator Noreen Evans, the bill would make it obligatory for all distributors who sell any eatable in the state to label all products...read more
The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention recently confirmed that outbreak of antibiotic-resistant salmonella linked to Foster Farms chicken is still alive, with most illness cases being reported in California.
The federal agency revealed that there were fifty new reported illness...read more
Californian consumers will not be able know if foods available in the market are made with genetically modified organisms (GMOs) or not, as the state lawmakers have once again rejected a bill requiring labeling on GMO foods.
On Wednesday, the bill failed to pass the 40-member state Senate...read more
A salmonella outbreak linked to California chicken producer Foster Farms continues to sicken people but the industry regulator USDA has so far taken no action to stop the sale of the product and inform the public about the issue.
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), at least...read more
- « first
- Hyundai announces battery leasing accord to trim down EV prices, coordinate reuse
- Samsung SDI to invest $849 million to expand EV battery plant in Hungary
- Pennsylvania Lottery on track to break revenue record: Drew Svitko
- Frigid temperatures & ice storms force Oklahoma Cherokee casinos to close again
- Former Las Vegas 311 Boyz gang member & his girlfriend nabbed in Idaho
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More